REGARDING THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC
Updated May 21, 2020-
To our Patients at Wedgwood Dental Center,
We hope you and your families are in good health and have been enjoying time together. These past few months have held many challenges for us all, but it has been so touching to see the community come together! While we were away, our team donated their talents by making masks, nutritional supplements to boost immunity, caring for family facing medical hardships, and sacrificing free time to learn about this new virus and how best to keep our patients safe when we return. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team!
We have good news! We are able to resume patient care starting June 1. It is extremely important that you take the time to read this information:
We have been rescheduling patients and are reaching out to each of you in small groups as fast as we can. Thank you for your patience as we field a significant increase in appointment requests. Our new guidelines for staggering appointments will also temporarily increase wait times for scheduling. When it is safe to do so, we will expand our availability to handle the backlog. These protocols are new for all of us and we appreciate your understanding.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT:
- 48 hours prior to appointment, a COVID-19 screening questionnaire will be sent to you via text and email. This must be completed in order to be seen. Please answer questions honestly.
- If you have a cough, fever of 100.4 or higher, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste, or a general sense of not feeling well, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
- When you arrive, call/text us at 206-525-9110 and wait in your car or away from the door. We are minimizing patients in our reception area and will call you in when it is time.
- Please be on time. Late arrivals will need to be rescheduled.
- Please wear a mask or face covering into the office and do not remove until instructed by a team member.
- Upon entering, we will take your temperature and ask you to immediately wash your hands or use sanitizer provided. If temperature is above 100.3, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Bring only necessary items into the office with you.
- We are only allowing patients with scheduled appointments in the office. Do not bring anyone with you, with the exception of a patient that requires any assistance, including children.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING:
- Daily screening of our employees to ensure staff is healthy when treating you.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation devices during dental procedures, as well as air purifier units utilizing HEPA filters to regularly clean the air of 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Our team will be wearing the best available and appropriate PPE for treating patients during the pandemic. Don’t be surprised when you see us ‘suited up’!
- We continue to follow strict disinfection/sanitation guidelines throughout the office, and as always between patients.
- As you may have heard, there is a lot of information about dental offices implementing a PPE fee. This will be something that is reevaluated with further information.
We trust this email should address any concerns you may have about your visit. As usual, we are available for your questions. We can’t wait to reconnect with all of you!
Dr. Emily Shackelton and Team WDC
At Wedgwood Dental Center (WDC) we believe in providing our patients with the best possible dental care in a comfortable and friendly setting. We are conveniently located in the Wedgwood neighborhood of Seattle, just north of the University of Washington and close to Laurelhurst, Ravenna, View Ridge, Sandpoint and Greenlake.
WDC is owned by Dr. Emily Shackelton. Dr. Shackelton has been in dentistry since 1989. After graduating from Eastern Washington University, she began her career in the dental field as a registered dental hygienist. She returned to dental school, attending Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to gain the skills needed to treat patients in all aspects of dental health and care.
In 2006, Dr. Shackelton established Wedgwood Dental Center with these values in place:
- Complete commitment to your dental and overall health
- The highest quality dental materials, laboratory services, and techniques
- Proactively partnering with you for the prevention of dental disease
- Believing it is our pleasure and honor to be your dentist and dental team
- Treating you, your family, and your referrals, like family
We look forward to meeting and partnering with you for a lifetime of oral health.