REGARDING THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC
Mid Summer Update from Wedgwood Dental Center July 20, 2020
We wanted to thank everyone for their patience with the rescheduling and appointments that have been running smoothly. It has been wonderful to connect with our patients.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT:
- 48 hours prior to appointment, a COVID-19 screening questionnaire will be sent to you via text and email. *This must be completed in order to be seen.* Please answer questions honestly.
- If you have a cough, fever of 100.3 or higher, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste, or a general sense of not feeling well, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
- Our reception area is OPEN with chairs spaced for social distancing. We ask that you observe social distance practices at the front desk while checking in.We are no longer requiring that you text or call us when you arrive
- Please be on time as late arrivals will be not be accommodated with the new protocols in our office at this time.
- Please wear a mask or face covering into the office and do not remove until instructed by a team member.
- Upon entering, we will take your temperature and ask you to immediately wash your hands or use sanitizer provided.
- Bring only necessary items into the office with you.
- We are only allowing patients with scheduled appointments in the office. Do not bring anyone with you, with the exception of a patient that requires any assistance, including children.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING:
- Daily screening of our employees to ensure staff is healthy when treating you.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation devices during dental procedures, as well as air purifier units utilizing HEPA filters to regularly clean the air of 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Our team will be wearing the best available and appropriate PPE for treating patients during the pandemic. Don’t be surprised when you see us ‘suited up’!
- We continue to follow strict disinfection/sanitation guidelines throughout the office, and as always between patients.
- As you may have heard, there is a lot of information about dental offices implementing a PPE fee. This will be something that is reevaluated with further information.
Thank you for your patience as we field a significant increase in appointment requests. Our new guidelines for staggering appointments will also temporarily increase wait times for scheduling. These protocols are new for all of us and we appreciate your understanding.
Dr. Emily Shackelton and the WDC Team
At Wedgwood Dental Center (WDC) we believe in providing our patients with the best possible dental care in a comfortable and friendly setting. We are conveniently located in the Wedgwood neighborhood of Seattle, just north of the University of Washington and close to Laurelhurst, Ravenna, View Ridge, Sandpoint and Greenlake.
WDC is owned by Dr. Emily Shackelton. Dr. Shackelton has been in dentistry since 1989. After graduating from Eastern Washington University, she began her career in the dental field as a registered dental hygienist. She returned to dental school, attending Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to gain the skills needed to treat patients in all aspects of dental health and care.
In 2006, Dr. Shackelton established Wedgwood Dental Center with these values in place:
- Complete commitment to your dental and overall health
- The highest quality dental materials, laboratory services, and techniques
- Proactively partnering with you for the prevention of dental disease
- Believing it is our pleasure and honor to be your dentist and dental team
- Treating you, your family, and your referrals, like family
We look forward to meeting and partnering with you for a lifetime of oral health.