REGARDING THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC
Update from Wedgwood Dental Center May 27, 2021
COVID- 19 UPDATES 5/27/2021
We have been successfully open for 1 year since the mandated COVID closure. Thank you to all our patients for your support and respect. We are pleased to announce a change to some of our policies surrounding COVID. As the number of vaccinated people increases and the new guidance from the CDC we feel confident about these changes.
We have a varied patient base in age range; some are not eligible for vaccinations at this time. We are requiring masks to be worn until you are asked by a team member to remove it while in your personal treatment room. This is for patients, visitors and staff members.
We have shortened our screening form and will evaluate the need for continuation as long as we continue to see a decline in cases in Washington in the near future.
If you are experiencing any Covid like symptoms; fever, cough, body aches, chills, headache, difficulty breathing, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea PLEASE RESCHEDULE. We are experiencing a high volume of appointment requests as people continue to return and catch up to their dental needs. Thank you for your patience as we work to accommodate all of you.
It has been wonderful seeing our patients return with their families to the office. Happy Spring.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING:
- Daily screening of our employees to ensure staff is healthy when treating you.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation devices during dental procedures, as well as air purifier units utilizing HEPA filters to regularly clean the air of 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Our team will be wearing the best available and appropriate PPE for treating patients during the pandemic. Don’t be surprised when you see us ‘suited up’!
- We continue to follow strict disinfection/sanitation guidelines throughout the office, and as always between patients.
- As you may have heard, there is a lot of information about dental offices implementing a PPE fee. This will be something that is reevaluated with further information.
Thank you for your patience as we field a significant increase in appointment requests. Our new guidelines for staggering appointments will also temporarily increase wait times for scheduling. These protocols are new for all of us and we appreciate your understanding.
Dr. Emily Shackelton and the WDC Team
At Wedgwood Dental Center (WDC) we believe in providing our patients with the best possible dental care in a comfortable and friendly setting. We are conveniently located in the Wedgwood neighborhood of Seattle, just north of the University of Washington and close to Laurelhurst, Ravenna, View Ridge, Sandpoint and Greenlake.
WDC is owned by Dr. Emily Shackelton. Dr. Shackelton has been in dentistry since 1989. After graduating from Eastern Washington University, she began her career in the dental field as a registered dental hygienist. She returned to dental school, attending Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to gain the skills needed to treat patients in all aspects of dental health and care.
In 2006, Dr. Shackelton established Wedgwood Dental Center with these values in place:
- Complete commitment to your dental and overall health
- The highest quality dental materials, laboratory services, and techniques
- Proactively partnering with you for the prevention of dental disease
- Believing it is our pleasure and honor to be your dentist and dental team
- Treating you, your family, and your referrals, like family
We look forward to meeting and partnering with you for a lifetime of oral health.